Careers at Bigelow Flooring
Join our team and take pride in helping homeowners love their spaces. Apply today!
We are currently looking for an experienced tile installer to join our team.
If you’re a team-oriented, customer-focused tile installer who takes pride in transforming spaces that homeowners in your community will love — this position is for you.
- Engage with customers and represent company values at all times
- Prepare, measure, and mark surfaces
- Mix, apply, and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue, and other adhesive materials
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs
- Remove existing floor coverings
- 3 years experience, preferred
- Experience with Schluter products an asset
- Drivers license required
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs multiple times per day in some cases
- Competitive salary of $25.00 – $35.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Reliable work hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm (40-48 hours per week). Saturday work may be required in the same schedule. Flexibility required. Overtime may be required.
- Regular raises and bonuses, based on performance
- Company paid health and dental plan
- Skills upgrading, as needed
- Mentorship opportunities
- Team events
- All supplies are company purchased, tools and equipment are provided
“Being at Bigelow Flooring allows me to express my passion and do something I love.”
– Jordan Thornton, Tile Installer
We are currently looking for an experienced sales team member to join our team.
Join a growing team and enjoy the benefits of full-time employment as well as group benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
Wage to be negotiated by experience and skill level.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with color and design selections at a full service flooring provider.
- Able to provide a creative design process with customers to create residential environments that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
- You are a person who is passionate about decorating, design, and customer service.
- You are excited about helping people build their dreams, this is more than a job to you.
- Work with a great team in a fast paced environment.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi task.
- Experienced design background with knowledge of color and decorating an asset.
- Able to interpret house plans and architectural drawings at a basic level.
- Flooring knowledge is an asset.
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask including in person, telephone, email.
- Flexible work hours to include weekday evenings and Saturday appointments as required.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
We will consider all applicants, lack of applied experience will not be automatically declined.
“Helping people is something I’ve always enjoyed doing. Bigelow Flooring is an extraordinary place to work as it allows me to do just that. I go home happy at the end of each day knowing that I’m working for a company that is so passionate about delivering an incredibly dependable service to all of their clients.”
– Ryan Milligan, Flooring Specialist
Reasons To Work for Bigelow Flooring
“I love working at Bigelow Flooring because the owners are very family oriented and treat their employees with a high level of respect. The best part of my role at Bigelow Flooring is the people that I work with.”
– Zack Ditner, Operations Manager
Bigelow Flooring first joined the Guelph community in 2005. Since then, we have grown to become Guelph’s local flooring store. We are proud to have become a trusted resource to our customers in Guelph and the surrounding area by offering the largest selection of flooring options to meet all of their needs. Join our team!
COVID-19 Considerations: Bigelow Flooring has put in place an extensive pandemic operational plan to ensure the safety of our team members and our customers. Please click here for more information.